SEAGATE HDD EXOS X16 3,5" - 14TB, SATAIII, ST14000NM001G 512e
Scalable. Responsive. Innovative. Exos X16
Seagate manufactures hard drives that specifically address the needs of the hyperscale storage market. As the flagship of the Seagate® X class, the Exos® X16 enterprise hard drives are the highest-capacity hard drives in the fleet.
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centres
- Massive scale-out data centres
- Big data applications
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore — D2D, virtual tape
- Centralised surveillance
1 FastFormat models ship in 512e format state. When switching from 512e to 4Kn by executing the FastFormat routine, all data on the drive will be deleted. Note that data must be aligned to 4K sectors to see improved performance in 4Kn fomat.
2 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Validated drives available through franchised authorised distributors. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support.
3 Supports Hotplug operation per Serial ATA Revision 3.2 specification
4 These base deck dimensions conform to the Small Form Factor Standard (SFF-8301) found at www.sffcommittee.org. For connector-related dimensions, see SFF-8323.