SEAGATE HDD IRONWOLF PRO (NAS) 3,5" - 12TB, SATAIII, ST12000NE0008
IronWolf™ Pro is designed for everything business NAS. Get used to tough, ready and scalable 24×7 performance that can handle multidrive environments across a wide range of capacities.
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray™. AgileArray enables dual-plane balancing and RAID
optimization in multi-bay environments, with the most advanced power management
- Actively protect your NAS with IronWolf Health Management focusing on prevention,
intervention and recovery.
- High performance means no lag time or downtime for users during workload traffic for the
NAS. Seagate leads the competition with the highest-performing NAS drive portfolio.
- Seagate® Rescue Data Recovery.
IronWolf Pro comes with extra peace of mind for any
mechanical, accidental or natural disaster. With a 90% success rate of in-house recovery,
Seagate has your back with a 2-year included Rescue Data Recovery plan.
- Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors. First in its class of drives to include RV sensors to
maintain high performance in multi-drive NAS enclosures.
- Range of capacities up to 12TB. More capacity options means more choices that will fit
within the budget. Seagate provides a scalable solution for any NAS use-case scenario.
- Do more in multi-user environments. IronWolf provides a workload rate of 300TB/year.
Multiple users can confidently upload and download data to the NAS server, knowing
IronWolf can handle the workload, whether you are a creative professional or a small
- Designed for always on, always accessible 24×7 performance. Access data on your NAS
any time, remotely or on site.
- 1.2M hours MTBF, 5-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership
(TCO) over desktop drives with reduced maintenance costs.
|Standard Model Number1||ST12000NE0007|
|Drive Bays Supported||Up to 16 Bays|
|Rotational Vibration (RV) Sensor||yes|
|Hot-Plug Support2 ||yes|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours)||1,200,000|
|Reliability Rating @ Full 24×7 Operation (AFR)||0.73%|
|Nonrecoverable Read Errors per Bits Read, Max||1 per 10E15|
|Power-On Hours per Year (24×7)||8760|
|Sector Size (Bytes per Logical Sector)||512E|
|Rescue Services3 ||yes|
|Limited Warranty (years)||5|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7200|
|Interface Access Speed (Gb/s)||6.0, 3.0, 1.5|
|Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s)||250MB/s|
|Average Latency (ms)||4.16|
|Rotational Vibration @ 10-1500 Hz (rad/s2) ||12.5|
|Startup Current, Typical (12V, A)||2.0|
|Average Operating Power (W)||7.8W|
|Idle Power, Average (W)||5.0W|
|Standby Mode/Sleep Mode, Typical (W)||0.8/0.8|
|Power Supply Requirements||+12 V and +5 V|
|Operating (ambient, min °C)||5|
|Operating (drive case, max °C)2||60|
|Nonoperating (ambient, min °C)||-40|
|Nonoperating (ambient, max °C)||70|
|Shock, Operating 2ms (Read/Write) (Gs)||70/40Gs|
|Shock, Nonoperating, 1ms and 2ms (Gs)||250|
|Vibration, Nonoperating: 10Hz to 500Hz (Grms)||2.27|
|Width (mm/in, max)||101.85mm/4.010in|
|Depth (mm/in, max)||146.99mm/5.787in|
|Carton Unit Quantity||20|
|Cartons per Pallet/Cartons per Layer||40 / 8|
1 Seagate recommends validating your configuration with your HBA/RAID controller manufacturer to ensure full capacity capabilities.
2 Supports Hot-Plug operation per Serial ATA Revision 2.6 specification.
3 Rescue recovery services not available in all countries. Contact your Seagate sales representative for further details. Register an IronWolf Pro drive to activate your 2-year Rescue plan at seagate.com/register